Sunday, November 09, 2008

ARSENAL BEATS MANCHESTER UNITED!!

Saturday, 9th November 2008, 12.45p.m. UK time (8.45p.m. local time)
Emirates Stadium, North London
Arsenal vs Manchester United

Both Arsenal and Manchester United players observing a one-minute silence at the start of the game

Honestly, this was not a match I was looking forward to. After losing to Hull City and Stoke City, I thought that if Arsenal could keep the scoreline respectful, it is more than enough. Lol. But anyway, I switched on my computer and the internet connection was good. So I tried watching it and just stucked to it. I even asked Professor Dr Tajudin to watch it. Haha. Unfortunately, he was at a workshop.

Anyway, to my surprise, Arsenal broke the deadlock first when Samir Nasri scored from a corner. Just awesome and I was ecstatic.

Nasri scoring the first goal of the match

Christiano Ronaldo and Rio Ferdinand looking dejected after Arsenal's first goal

Then came half time. And I watched a little more Desperate Housewives. Oh yeah. Did I mention that my roommate actually watched with me? I wonder if she was too bored that she actually watched it. Lol. Anyway, immediately after the second half commenced, Arsenal through Nasri doubled their lead. This time courtesy off a beautiful through ball from either Theo Walcott or Cesc Fabregas. Not very sure because at this point of the match, the broadcast wasn't that good anymore. Anyway, Nasri collects the through ball and just brilliantly put the ball past Manchester United's keeper, Edwin van der Sar and it was 2-0 to THE ARSENAL.

Nasri's second goal of the night was his fourth in the league this season

As the game went on, Manchester looked more likely to equalise and in the 86th minute, Manchester United's Rafael pulled one back. It was an awesome volley to me. But it might not have been a goal if Manuel Almunia was still the keeper, I guess. He came off after a collision with Michael Carrick and was replaced with Lukasz Fabianski.

Then the fourth official indicated that there was still 6 minutes to play and the commentators were actually shocked that so much time was added. Me too actually for that matter. I think 4 would have been enough. But somehow, in the end, it doesn't matter as Arsenal pulled through.

William Gallas celebrating after the match

So the scoreline reads..

ARSENAL 2

MANCHESTER UNITED 1

So awesome. Jonathan also called to asked for the scoreline. Lol. And was suprised that I knew what a through ball is. Lol. Also updater Professor Dr Tajudin about it and he was a little sad too. Sorry, sir! Anyway, to me, it was just a perfect end to a not very nice day.

No comments: