Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Food Trip!!!

Yen Pin and I had planned this for a while after GDW the "Great" told us to have fun as our internship stint was getting a bit boring towards the end. We had NO WORK to do at all (sorry to all my other coursemates who were made to slave for free during the last two months). Lol.

So on a Sunday, we decided to go ahead with our mission to go over to City Square (CS) to eat. Haha. Two greedy people huh? It's kinda fun actually.

We reached CS at about 12. We were starving by then. So we headed to Shihlin to have our favourite chicken meal.


We also noticed that the queue to eat at Kim Gary's was this long. And the restaurants beside Kim Gary's are all almost empty! Poor shops. I feel for them, really.


After the chicken meal, we were kinda full, so Yen Pin decided to torture me with her usual walk around the whole shopping mall, entering into shops after shops, etc. Padini is the the headache one. Belt. No belt. Belt. No belt. Belt. No belt. -Sigh- And there was also shoes. No shoes. Shoes. No shoes. -SIGH!!!!- Did she buy anything at the end? That you gotta wait! Lol

Next was of course bookstores. We always go to the bookstore when we are at CS. There are two pretty huge ones anyway. MPH and Popular. I was actually looking for a Pixar book there but all I came across are Toy Story 3 books (and yes. Like a kid, I read them). Anyway, at MPH, we saw this whole set of books with adjectives as titles. Lol. So we took the ones that best suited us and took pictures of them. Lol!

This is me. I should not have Mr Jelly there. But the rest pretty much tells you about me huh?

You see Mr Mean, who do you think of? OF COURSE that MISS SIU YEN PIN!!!

Nosey=Ryan naturally

-Sigh- Perfect=Greg?????

Right. Moving back to the food now. After all the walking (she makes me walk a lot. Trust me), we (or just me, I think) was a little tired. So we decided to go for pretzels and coffee! So we went to Auntie Anne's for our sour cream and onion pretzel and then to Coffee Bean for our ice blended coffee.


I know this picture don't look too good. There weren't enough light to take this. I'll tell you why. After I placed my order at Coffee Bean and sat, before my butt even got the chance to heat up the chair, the power went out. Half of CS had power failure. Damn! Anyway, we waited for almost an hour, I think for it to come back on and at the end, we gave up. I'm supposed to get my refund but I don't think I have till now. :( So no Coffee Bean. Just pretzels. :(

Not to be defeated, we were determine to at least have something cold. So we went to the "darker side" of CS to get shave ice. Peanut and chocolate. Me favourite!

Penguin! Lol

And then it was back to walk and not shop. Lol. Money's the key factor her. And surprise, surprise. Back to PADINI. Back to the shoe section. Back to shoes. No shoes. Shoes. No shoes. And then to the belt. No belt. Belt. No belt. All over again. BUT!!!! At the end, it was belt and no shoes. At least she bought something! Grrrr... Lol. -Relieved-

Then we went to the book exhibition by Popular. They had one at the concourse area. Huge space for them. They offered crazy discounts too. We went around the area and then got stuck in the art area. One guess why. It ain't that hard right? Lol. And Yen Pin got crazy, literally cuckoo nuts with all the cute stickers. That alone killed like 10 minutes. I realised now that she is a sucker for cute stuffs. Lol. Kinda cute actually. Her reaction that is. Anyway, there, we killed a whole hour and got hungry again.

Dinner? Nando's!!! My yummy, yummy marinated chicken. Yen Pin loves it too since I introduced it to her. No franchise in Kuching. Sad eh?


After this meal, we decided that we've stuffed ourselves enough for one day. Lol. Finally huh? But trust me, if there was still space in our tummies, Yen Pin would have gotten her J Co donuts. Lol.

Anyhow, now I will present you the sad part of the trip. The heart breaker.

We descended the escalator and walked towards that yellow machine. Yes! That yellow, money eating parking ticket machine. Argh!!! We inserted our parking ticket and guess the amount we had to play! RM14! FOURTEEN!!! That is the most expensive parking ever to me. -Sigh- Heartache. But we've gotten over it since. Anyway, that is the first and last time I am ever gonna back at CS basement. It is so warm, one park at one's own risk (although you pay so much!) and the layout is so complicated. No more CS basement parking for me. Hmph!!!

8 comments:

GDW said...

Nice post!!! I love a few parts.
1. Padini is the the headache one. Belt. No belt. Belt. No belt. Belt. No belt. -Sigh- And there was also shoes. No shoes. Shoes. No shoes. -SIGH!!!!- (I am doomed eh?)
2. Nosey=Ryan naturally
3. The Penguin bowl
4. We descended the escalator and walked towards that yellow machine. Yes! That yellow, money eating parking ticket machine. Argh!!! We inserted our parking ticket and guess the amount we had to play! RM14! FOURTEEN!!!
And THIS ME NO LIKE!!!
-Sigh- Perfect=Greg?????
=( Lol!! Nice post, Nat!

CRABp said...

Haha!!! Belt no belt, shoes no shoes part is super funny! =P Nice one~ Oh yeah, I'm still thinking about the cute cute cute stickers...I hits my mind nearly everyday! XD

ps: Greg's definitely doomed. =D

Natalia said...

You two are so fast! Like eagles watching for new posts! My posts are too good eh? Lol.

Greg - Thanks. Sorry about the part you don't like. No corrections to be made though! =p

Darling - Super funny but SO TRUE right? Lol. You are? You should have gotten at least one then? Lol! But it is expensive. =( And I know he is TERRIBLY DOOMED. Because he loves you blindly. Haha! Just kidding!

GDW said...

=( *Gulps*

CRABp said...

Greg was dying of boredom so he read first. Then he told me about it. I'm doing the work flow chart.

Yes yes, darling's super good post! =D

Stickers? I don't think I would just buy one, cause I'm not even sure which to choose from! I really wanna get all~~~ But so freakin' expensive~~ (T_T)

Natalia said...

Good darling. -Pats head- Thanks! =* GREEDY!!!

CRABp said...

You're welcome~ Yeah, I'm greedy...greedy til get nothing =(

Natalia said...

Haha! Well said. =p -Pats head-