Monday, October 27, 2008

Stamford Bridge Showdown: Chelsea vs Liverpool

The current top 2 sides of the Barclay's Premier League met today and it was definately gonna be a good game. Thankfully, I got to watch part of it on Justin.tv live streamings. Unfortunately, it jammed halfway through it and until now I am unable to watch it. -Sigh- Yet again I am mising Arsenal's match. Thought I could finally watch my very first Arsenal's match here in UTM. Anyway, as it turned out, Xabi Alonso's deflected goal was the only goal of the night and Liverpool was therefore 0-1 winners. The win ends Chelsea's 86 unbeaten games at home. That is 4 years and 8 months. So hats off to Liverpool who by the way, will top the table after tonight's results. Guess my brother must be jumping like mad at home now. Congrats, Matt. Heard that papa brought you out for some Liverpool fans party thingy in town. Anyway, with this win, I think Liverpool are finally looking like a strong contender to win the Premiership after an 18 year dry spell. I hope not though. Arsenal all the way. Lol. Anyway, here are some photos from the match.

Xabi Alonso being mobbed by the Liverpool players upon scoring

Robbie Keane clebrates with goal scorer, Alonso

Again, Liverpool players celebrating in joy. Somehow, Robbie Keane celebrates like he was the one who scored. Lol

No comments: