Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Life in UTM So Far (Part One)

As promised, I will write about my life here in UTM. So I do not owe you anymore, Lee Peng! Lol. Well, the first week was basically just orientation. Not only was it boring, it was very tiring as we are made to stay up late and wake up really early the next morning. We also did a lot of walking as we had to walk to the main hall almost everyday. But it was there that I first met my favourite lecturer, Professor Dr Tajudin. He was the speaker of one of the talks during the orientation week. He is the only lecturer who teaches me that gave a talk actually. But to me, his session was 1 of the best as it managed to keep me awake! Lol. I was practically falling asleep in every other talks. He even made us tickle of friends. Lol.

Besides that, during orientation week, I also came to know the people I am friends with today. The first I came to know was my roommate. Then from not taking PTPTN, I came to know 2 'bananas' in Yen Pin and Siew Fen. I am glad to know these two people. I am allowed to really speak English with these two! The rest are Chinese educated but they still speak English. But I am even more glad to know Yen Pin. I feel that I am able to connect to her well and am able to tell her things. Lol. Thanks, Crabp!

Also, on the last day of orientation, we were treated with some performances by some of the talented students. 1 of them was Ma Lee, my coursemate and a good friend. She treated us with a piano instrumented Forever In Love. Just awesome.

Anyway, to make things short, today, I normally hang out with 9 people I find really unique in their own ways and pretty cool. Here are some photos from the orientation week.

Top left to right: Yen Pin the Crabp (looking towards the back), May Peng (partially blocked), Ying Yin and Hui Ling

Bottom left to right: Siew Fen, Siau Hui and Ma Lee the pianist

2 of the few guys in our class, Min Wai (left) and Kyle (right)

Left to right: Siew Fen, Siau Hui, May Peng, Sheue Yih and me

Left to right: Yen Pin, Soo Chen and Siew Fen

After a marathon. From left to right: Siew Fen, Ying Yin, Hui Ling, Soo Chen and May Peng


Some more guys. From left to right: Nicholas, Min Wai, Shi Kiat (I think that's the spelling) and Yuk Hian

Top left to right: Ying Yin, Soo Chen, Jing Bao, the 2 'bananas' and May Peng

Botton left to right: Ma Lee, Hui Ling and Siau Hui

Well, that is orientation week. After that week, classes started. Then around 3 to 4 weeks in, there was a sports carnival between residential colleges and I tried out for my college's ladies' futsal team and made into the team. However, we did not make it past the group stage as we only won 1 match and drawing and losing the other 2 matches while scoring only 3 goals. All goals scored by me by the way. Lol. I also got myself injured in the second match as the opponents were really rough. Kicked my leg instead of the ball. -Sigh-

Well, that is basically I have for now. I will be writing out part two soon but I am not sure when though. 'Cause I am busy with studying for my finals and all. Just awake right now 'cause I am watching Arsenal take on Tottenham. 1-1 the score now. Mikael Silvestre scoring his first Arsenal goal! Woohoo. Til then.

No comments: