Sunday, February 08, 2009

CNY Performance At DSI

Last night was quite the highlight of this year's CNY for me. The main highlight was getting fat 'ang pow's of course. Lol. And meeting family and winning money in poker. Poor papa. Can't even defeat me! Lol.

Anyway, Ma Lee, different block, some more different block and course people and I went over to DSI last night to catch some performance there. We went there 2 hours late actually but still managed to watch some really good acts.

We were first treated by UTM's Wushu Team. Their co-ordination wasn't good but overall it was still awesome.

Then Soka Gakkai Malaysia did a dance with those huge Chinese fans. Kinda pretty.

After that, we watched some really awesome acts. Some really cool dancers from Hot Dance Studio did break dancing. I must say that I am not a huge fan of break dancing but what they did was awesome. The feat for Teriyaki Boyz's Fast And Furious and PCD's Don't Cha was really good. Then 3 guys did some sort of a mime's act and it was cool. Then came 5 people doing Lou Bega's Mambo No. 5 and it was kinda cute. To close the act, Hot Dance Studio had 4 talented people doing Michael Jackson. They even did the moonwalk.

The night was then concluded by 'Fo Guang' Club. They sang. In Chinese. So I got bored then.

But overall it was kinda cool.

And for my stupid Hans Eysenck assignment, I am done with my part! Now I just have to keep pestering my members to do it asap for me to edit and if the goat approves it, I am down to only 3 assignments (excluding potentially 2 more to come though -sigh-).

Now sports. Liverpool won last night. Aston Villa did too. But Chelsea drew. Arsenal will be playing tonight. North London derby! Stupid Tottenham. They better not score last minute goals again! Argh! And Arsenal fans could see Arshavin in action today. Yay! And lastly, Man United will be up against their jinx opponent, West Ham United. Lets hope for an Arsenal win and Man United dropping points! That will be the perfect end to the weekend eh?

And that is a wrap. To all Hindu believers, Happy Thaipusam! And to the rest, have a great Sunday!

No comments: