Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Bunch Of Crazy People In Kukup

As I said in an earlier post, a number of my classmates and I left for Kukup, a fishing village here in Johor on the 3rd of May. We went there for 2 days and overall it is really fun. We did some crazy stuffs and 'darling' hantu and I did our usual stuffs, being naughty and messing around. Lol. What else right? Lol.

The day started with we, the ones in UTM, going over to the bus stop in Sri Putri to wait for May Peng and Jing Bao. The latter got there early but the first..geez! She followed a friend of hers back from Segamat and it took her more than 2 hours to get there! So we ended up waiting for her for almost an hour and by the time she got there, Foon Yee and her family had already arrived in Kukup. -Sigh- And at least 20 buses had passed us by then. Lol.

Soo Chen played with that cube so that she wouldn't lose her mind while waiting for May Peng the queen's arrival. Lol!

Anyway, we arrived in Kukup at around 3 something and the first thing anyone wanted to do was have lunch and we did. Lol. Then Foon Yee, Soo Chen, May Peng, 'darling' and I played poker while the rest just hung around. Foon Yee's parents and grandma though got straight into business - MAHJONG. Lol. They played till dinner time by the way and continued after dinner too. -Sigh- How addictive mahjong can be. Anyway, after a short game of poker, we decided to explore the village and it was actually a pretty interesting village. We even watched the sun set before heading back for dinner.



During dinner, we actually had problem finishing the food. So we played a game in which the loser had to eat the food. I guess May Peng was the biggest loser as she had to gobble down 1 corn, 1 chicken wing and 2 fishballs. Sheue Yih though was the winner as she escaped eating anything! Lol. Oh yeah. May Peng even jumped round the table and us after losing the chicken wing round! Hilarious.


May Peng's chicken wing and corn. The fishballs have yet to arrive.

Anyway, after dinner, we played some mahjong. Soo Chen wanted to learn badly. And she too got addicted to it. -Sigh-

At night, we had a few heart to heart session and I guess it was some good time although I might say that at least one of us did not participate in it. Anyway,the night came to an end at 1a.m..

Oh yeah. During the first day, 'darling' and I became hantu already. We bullied Soo Chen the most and also May Peng. Lol! Sorry, Petrie and Duckie!

Bully act 1: Me trying to force PJ's 'chao-chao' out of her hands.

Bully act 2: Me pulling Soo Chen from the top of the bed. She was really screaming then. Lol.

The next morning, we woke around 9a.m. and had our breakfast. Then most of us sang karaoke. Only 'darling' and I did not participate.


We also explored the village again and then went on a ferry ride. It was kinda fun. We also stopped at one of those floating fishing thingy. God knows what it is called.






After the ride, we had our lunch before leaving for UTM and that I believe is the end of our trip. Although it may sound kind of boring, when you are with great friends especially my dinosaurs, the place doesn't really matter. The company you get is more than you can ask for.

4 comments:

CRABp said...

Good post 'darling'. =D

Natalia said...

Thanks, 'darling'. PJ was complaining all the way since I mentioned her a lot.

Yin Tan said...

I've been to Kukup b4 2. Did u guys go to the mangrove swamp? ...mmm the place I stayed got special toilet one- the sewage all goes directly into the ocean. hahaha.

[this post reminds me of my trip la. tats y i comment. =)]

Natalia said...

I see. Umm.. I don't think we did. But we did stay really close to the swamps. Lol. Oh yeah. The place I stayed in also had those special toilets. Lol!