Thursday, January 22, 2009

And Then There Were Only 5

Right now, there are only 7 of us here in K06. By 3p.m., there will only be 5. Everyone is pretty excited about CNY, I guess. To me, there's nothing much to look forward to actually. Anyway, the other 5 will be leaving tomorrow, including me.

CNY.. Nothing particularly interesting to me. Can't blame me if the celebration is the same every single year, can you? Lol.

It pretty much starts with my family and I going over to my grandma's place on the eve of CNY for a family reunion dinner. The food is pretty much the same every year. I can already picture the food and how they will taste in my head right now. After dinner, my cousin and I will just yak away until the clock strikes 12a.m.. Then wishes flow in and we head home.

The first day on CNY is pretty much like this. First event is going over to grandma's again and doing more wishing and collecting 'ang pao'. They are nothing much to look forward to actually. Being 21 this year and you still get RM5 from certain people. That is like giving you a plate of noodles and a cup of Neslo for lunch. -Sigh- My parents', though, are something I look forward too. Lol. Fat and heavy ones are from the both of them. Lol. Anyway, the rest of this day will probably be spent on a game of poker and blackjack, eating and pretty much nothing interesting.

The second day sees my relatives from KL joining us. And some of my uncle's extended family would visit too. And some family friends and such. And the rest is pretty much the same. -Sigh-

That's where I will drop this subject. It will be pretty much the same for the following days. -Sigh- Boring festival. And a VERY HOT one. The weather these days is killing me. And in my grandma's house? Geez! Even warmer. The thought of having to dress up when in my grandma's place scares me at times. Freaking warm. -Sigh- If only I could just wear shorts and T-shirt. Lol

Anyway, to everyone I know who is celebrating CNY, I wish you all a healthy and prosperous year of the ox. Have a good one!

No comments: