Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Most Anticipated Movies Of 2009

I was serving the net yesterday and stumbled upon this on Yahoo!. Most Anticipated Movies of 2009. Below are the titles, screening dates, a gist of what they are all about and the casts involved. Oh yeah. And my opinion on them too. Lol

3/6 Watchmen
Malin Akerman, Billy Crudup, Patrick Wilson and Carla Gugino star in this adaptation of the famed graphic novel by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons. (I have seen the trailer for this movie and I doubt it will be anticipating actually. It looks kinda dull and ridiculous and if trailers don't even excite you, will the movie?)

3/27 Monsters Vs. Aliens
Reese Witherspoon and Hugh Laurie star in this animated flick about a rag-tag band of mutants assembled by the U.S. military to thwart an invasion. (Hmm.. I have only seen the poster of this movie and the alien looks kinda cute. Lol. Anyway, I am a huge fan of Reese's and I am probably gonna watch this.)

4/3 Fast & Furious
Paul Walker and Vin Diesel partner up once again to fight crime and drive really fast. (Hmm.. Never watched any of this installments and probably won't watch this also. Not a big fan of Paul Walker although Vin Diesel is kinda ok.)

5/1 X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Hugh Jackman stars in this prequel to the X-Men trilogy exploring how Logan became the adamantium blade-wielding mutant Wolverine. (I loved and enjoyed all 3 previous installments of X-Men and both Wolverine and Hugh Jackman are my favourites. So I guess I am gonna catch this one too when it hits the big screen.)

5/8 Star Trek
"Lost" creator J. J. Abrams reboots the beloved sci-fi franchise in this prequel exploring the early days of Kirk and Spock. (Never was a fan and never will be.)

5/15 Angels & Demons
Tom Hanks returns as the "Da Vinci Code" cryptologist Robert Langdon to thwart a plot by the Illuminati to blow up the Vatican. (I have always love Tom. His movies are awesome. But "Da Vinci Code" was lame and dull to me. The book was way better. But the trailer to this movie looks cool. I guess I am gonna have to get permission from my dad to watch this or secret watch it. Lol.)

5/15 Bruno
"Borat" mastermind Sacha Baron Cohen is terrorizing an unsuspecting public again as a flamboyant Austrian fashion expert. (No comment on this. But from the sound of it, it sounds like a comedy to me.)

5/22 Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian
When his favorite museum exhibits are accidentally shipped off to the Smithsonian, hapless museum security guard Larry Daley (Ben Stiller) infiltrates that fabled institution to rescue them. (I am a huge fan of Ben. He is really humorous. And the prequel of this is awesome. But sequel, at times, do not live up to its prequel. I am crossing my finger for this to me good.)

5/2 Terminator Salvation
Christian Bale stars in this film which is both a sequel and a prequel to the wildly popular time-travel/killer robot action franchise. (Have always love the Terminator francises and with Christian starring in it, would probably love this also.)

5/29 Up
Pixar follows up on their movies about gourmet rats and lonely robots with this flick about a grumpy old man and his balloon-powered floating house. (Always love Pixar and Disney. Have yet to watch a lousy animation from them and this will most probably not be the first either.)

6/5 Land of the Lost
Will Ferrell stars in this adaptation of the '70s TV show about three people who find themselves in a strange world populated by dinosaurs, monkey people, and reptilian Sleestaks. (Will Ferrell.. Hmm.. Sometimes he acts stupidly and at other times, he is funny. So I have no idea on this one.)

6/19 Year One
Jack Black and Michael Cera are two prehistoric losers in the middle of Biblical events in a comedy from director Harold Ramis. (Jack Black is full of laughter. Probably a good movie to catch.)

6/26 Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox re-team with director Michael Bay for another action-packed battle between warring robots in disguise. (OMG! The first one was the movie of 2007 to me and I am expecting this to at least be as good or even better the first. I am really waiting for this one to hit the screens.)

7/1 Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Manny, Sid, Diego and Ellie are back in this third installment in the "Ice Age" franchise, featuring the voice talents of Ray Romano, John Leguizamo, Denis Leary, and Queen Latifah. (Don't know what crap are they gonna pull out of the hat for this third installment. The second was already a little dull for me but what the hell. Will probably also see the 'nutty' squirrel aagin. Well, maybe it might be good.)

7/1 Public Enemies
Johnny Depp stars as legendary bank robber John Dillinger and Christian Bale is the G-man on his tail in this true crime drama directed by Michael Mann. (Johnny Deep and Christian Bale.. Never gonna miss this one.)

7/10 2012
"Independence Day" and "The Day After Tomorrow" director Roland Emmerich destroys the Earth again, starring John Cusack. (I have enjoyed both Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow and would probably love this too. I just hope the idea of destroying the world again won't be a lame one.)

7/17 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry, Hermione, Ron and friends return to Hogwarts and face Lord Voldemort again in this sixth installment of the series. (Whatever the ratings and reviews are for this movie, I am definately catching this one.)

7/31 Funny People
"Knocked Up" and "40-Year-Old Virgin" creator Judd Apatow writes and directs this drama/comedy about a stand-up comedians starring Adam Sandler and Seth Rogen. (Adam Sandler is one of my favourite comedians and he has never failed to make me laugh. And I doubt he will in this movie.)

8/7 G.I. Joe
A live-action extravaganza based on Hasbro's popular line of action figures starring Channing Tatum, Dennis Quaid and Sienna Miller. (Will most probably leave this one out.)

8/21 Inglorious Basterds
After tackling kung fu action and grindhouse horror, writer/director Quentin Tarantino goes to war with Brad Pitt leading a team of Nazi-hunters. (Brad Pitt.. How can I say no to his movies?)

10/2 Shutter Island
Martin Scorsese directs Leonardo DiCaprio for the fourth time in a thriller about U.S. Marshalls pursuing a female escaped convict. (Martin is a huge director to me and Leonardo is an awesome actor. Most probably another good one to catch.)

10/16 Where the Wild Things Are
Director Spike Jones brings to life Maurice Sendak's classic children's book about a boy transported to a world of monsters. (No comment on this.)

11/6 A Christmas Carol
Jim Carrey plays Scrooge and all of the ghosts in a digital 3D motion-capture movie from director Robert Zemeckis. (I love both Jim Carrey and Robert Zemeckis. And it is a Christmas related movie. Gonna have to watch.)

11/6 The Fantastic Mr. Fox
An animated telling of Roald Dahl's beloved novel from director Wes Anderson ("Rushmore" and "The Royal Tennenbaums"). (Roald Dahl! One of my favourite authors although many would say I am already too old for his books. But nonetheless, he is awesome and I expect the movie adapted from his movie to be great.)

11/6 The Wolfman
Benicio Del Toro stars as a nobleman who, thanks to a werewolf bite, begins regular moonlit massacres of the local folk. (Sounds good but werewolf movies are getting common.)

11/20 Sherlock Holmes
Robert Downey Jr. brings the legendary London sleuth to life, with Jude Law as the faithful Dr. Watson and directed by Guy Ritchie. (Don't know much about this but probably gonna catch it also.)

11/20 New Moon
Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart return as Edward and Bella for the second chapter in the "Twilight" series. (Nah.. I'll pass.)

11/28 The Lovely Bones
The adaptation of Alice Sebold's bestselling novel about a the murder of a young girl, directed by Peter Jackson. (I love Peter Jackson and this sounds good.)

12/18 Avatar
James Cameron directs this 3D sci-fi action epic that features ground-breaking, eye-popping special effects. (Never watch the series on Nickelodeon but CraBp would be happy to see this. And it sounds kinda good too anyway.)

12/25 The Princess and the Frog
Disney presents its first traditional hand-drawn animated film in five years with a fairy tale set in New Orleans during the Jazz Age. (I can never say no to Disney's cartoon.)

Well, that is it. From the looks of it, I am probably gonna spend a lot on movies this year. -Sigh- But it is always good to watch movies, ain't it? Especially after a week of horrible lessons in school! Lol! So here's to breaking the bank for most anticipated movies of 2009! And my only hope is they don't disappoint me! Cheers, people!

1 comment:

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ said...

wow..nice coinicidence..I m gonna start a review section in my blog....

and here u are with the list of the best awaited movies....
kool info