Sunday, January 25, 2009

CNY Pictures!!

Here are some pictures on CNY that I have got so far.

CNY is the time to condone into child labour. Lol. Seen here is my beloved brother, Matt and cousin, Brinda. They were 'de-shelling' gingko.

MORE and MORE oranges are making their way to my house.

CNY = fatty time. Here are meat floss and 'bak kua'.

And now I'll show you the procedure in making 'kuih bahulu' or 'chicken eggs cake or 'kuoy neng kueh'

Firstly, this is the mixture of chicken eggs and sugar. Beat them for hours and this is the result.

And this is corn flour and flour.

Mix the two and you get this.

Then bake them here. This is the traditional way. Burn them with charcoal.

The charcoal stove.

And you get this! There are shapes of fish, rooster. prawn, CRAB, etc.

My family did this much. It was like they were preparing for a war.

And now some pictures of the decorations in my grandma's house.





And that's a wrap!

2 comments:

CRABp said...

CRAB!!!!!! ...damn I'm popular...

Natalia said...

Yeah. Yeah. You are. And we can all eat you. Lol