Sunday, April 05, 2009

KTR Sports Carnival

This weekend, my residential college organised a sports carnival and they held some indoor and outdoor games. Indoor games are the boring ones, I guess (I do not count badminton as indoor). But there was chess and for a second, I actually thought of joining that. I have always love chess anyway. Could still vividly remember playing with my cousins and back in my primary school days, with my old pals . Double chess especially with Kevan, Justin, Yap, Jien Tseng, Jesmond and Yin Fung. Some awesome days. Anyway, fast forward back to my current life. That is just how some 9 years have passed by the way.

So for this sports carnival, I participated in 2 events, namely futsal and badminton (doubles with 'darling').

Yesterday, the futsal matches took place. There were 4 teams and we played the lose-and-you-are-out style. So basically you only play 2 matches. For our first match, we were drawn against the defending champions and I was wary of the threat they could pose. But silly me. Most of them played with 2 left legs (terrible in other words). I wasn't even into the game that much. 'Cause I kinda know that the rest of my players are actually playing for 'kad aktiviti'. So ok. I played the smart way. I just walk around lazily, waiting for people to feed me the ball. And when they do, I strike alright. I think I only got the ball 3 times? And I scored 2 goals. Both goals were fairly easy strikes anyway. Nothing much to brag. So we go through the next round having won 2-0. Thanks to me! Lol.

The next game between the 2 other teams is unspeakable. It ended goalless and they were supposed to go on into extra time but I guess the guy who was in-charge got bored with them. So he decided to just go into the penalties. And LOL! Some of them kicked like they haven't eaten for years!! Lol. So anyway, eventually, only a penalty was converted.

In the finals, again, I played lazily but I kinda participate more this time around. I had 3 attempts in this match and I converted 2 of them. The first one was a stupid strike. I kicked the ball exactly at the keeper's legs and I was cursing myself for it. And also laughed when I heard the keeper's immediate action. She said, "Adui! Sakit la" while rubbing her legs. Later I actually tried feeding the ball to my partner but somehow the ball rolled into the goal. So 1-0. My third goal of the day. Then came half time and I was just edging to get on with it as the sun was roasting me. I actually think my arms are darker too now. But anyway, the match continue in a dull fashion until Ma Lee came and I thought lets scored one for her since she came all the way to see me. And boy did I do it in style! I got the ball after the opponent's corner and I just ran beating a player and then doing a stepover to beat the last defender (love that moment) and then go on to scored. So again 2-0 and we won the tournament. Yay!

Today, we had badminton doubles and I guess 'darling' and I (or maybe just me) actually underestimated the opponent 'cause I actually still think they are kinda amateurs but who am I to say 'cause we lost. Lol. Guessed the both of us were playing with 2 left hands. Lol! We just made mistakes after mistakes. Either I hit too long or smashed the ball into the net or 'darling' miss hits or the ball doesn't go over (the net still hates her). But I still enjoyed it and I think it tells me that I may be good when playing friendly but tournaments? Forget about it! LOL!

So that is about it for me. In short, I was a monster in one and a rat in another. Lol!

2 comments:

Greg said...

Cool. Guess you are one hell of a kicker. And I guess someone should be watching out for that. Lol

Natalia said...

Lol! I guess that someone should. But I doubt I have the heart actually. :s