Wednesday, April 08, 2009

No Worries, Mummy And Daddy

Today I had a chance to attend an Easter celebration by IK (some Christian group) and it was pretty much a cultural (religious) shock to me. You might think it is funny but my parents would be really happy to hear this.

Firstly, frankly speaking, Jesus is not even crucified yet. And to me, it is actually not appropriate to celebrate Easter actually. But I just wanted to explore a little and I think it was a good exposure to me 'cause I know where I truly belong after all.

From the time I was born, before I could walk and talk, I am already a Catholic. And although I am not a pious one, I do go to church, say my prayers and stuffs. Also, I have never been to any other churches before and that is why it is so shocking to me when I attended the IK celebration.

In Roman Catholic churches, the hymms sung are soft, light and uncomplicated. BUT today for the IK celebration, the hymms they sung were extremely loud and pain to my ears! And the people there were jumping up and down and some of them was even raising their arms up and pointing upwards while their eyes were closed. This is the way they worship, I suppose and to me it is really strange. And no offense but at some point, I actually felt like these people were possessed! I am sorry if this offends anyone and call me a weirdo, dodo, stupid or whatever but it was just really weird.

Also, I think that if any of the people from churches that practice a similar way of worshipping were to attend a Roman Catholic service, they would leave the faith. 'Cause it would be too boring and dull to them. And this brings me to wonder if some of them actually join those churches because they were first attracted to the music. You know, way before they were even touched by faith. But again, no offense, I am sure some of them actually have true faith in God.

Still, I think it takes more for a youngster to practice the Roman Catholic faith these days. 'Cause it really takes faith to be a Catholic as there are no rock music, dancing and exciting activities to attract and welcome a new member of the church.

All in all, this is a post containing my opinion and I am not trying to offend anyone. Therefore, I am sorry if I did.

But to mummy and daddy, rest assured that after a little exploration today, I am very sure that while I am not a pious Catholic, there is no other denominations that will be able to make me leave my Roman Catholic faith. I am a true Catholic after all and I feel so much better and comfortable in a Roman Catholic church.

No comments: