Sunday, March 15, 2009

All Hail Andrey Arshavin

As an Arsenal fan over all these years, I do know one thing about Arsenal very well. Whenever they score very early in a match, they either go on a rampant later on or they will just sit back and allow the opponent to come back at them.

But yesterday, the lads were superb as they went on a goal feast and they have no one but Andrey Arshavin to thank for. He was just incredible last night. Well, just 4 actually. Lol! But if you are a team that had just undergo a string of 4 goalless matches recently, 4 is plenty! (What is with all these number 4's? Lol!)

The first goal came on the 2nd minute of the game. I wasn't even comfortable in my seat yet that time. But I have nothing to complain about. Arsenal can score in the very first second of the game and I would still be VERY HAPPY. Lol! Anyway, the goal was first credited to Arshavin. However, it was later given as an own goal. Nonetheless, little did Arshavin know that he will still get his first goal for Arsenal last night.




Nevertheless, he was ecstatic when it went in. Seen here is one happy Arshavin with the playmaker, Theo Walcott. He too was very influential in the outcome of yesterday's match.



Then it was pretty much missed chances. One after another with Nicklas Bendtner being the main culprit. The guys who were watching, Ma Lee and I were just so angry with him for missing some 4 t0 6 good chances. Arshavin though had his scoring boots on last night. In the second half, he did something so brilliant that I was just blown away.

Upon getting the ball from Denilson, he tricked a defender and went on to score from a really tight angle. Just mind-boggling brilliant.

And he celebrated his official first goal in a very cheeky and naughty way. Lol. Still kinda adorable though. The new hero for Arsenal. Just so briliant. If only we could have him to play in the Champions League!



Here he is again. A clearer picture of his cheeky style of celebrating. He was obviously having a time of his life on the pitch.

Anyway, later in the match, Bendtner was taken off for Emmanuel Eboue. And as much as I was happy to see one culprit out, I wasn't too keen to see Eboue coming on either. Lets just say he ain't that brilliant of a player either. Lol! But yesterday, he kinda proved me wrong. Just a little though. I still don't really like him. He scored 2 goals. Would you believe that? One is almost an open goal and the other is penalty. But the point is, he DID NOT SMASH THE BALL OVER THE BAR!! Lol!

So 4-0 to Arsenal. Arshavin, Walcott and Eboue had a brilliant night while Bendtner should think of improving his finishing.

4 comments:

CPatt said...

hey, I was just curious why Arshavin won't be playing in the champions league?

Natalia said...

First, could I know who are you? Thanks.

And to answer you question, he is not able to as he is already tied. If you recall, he had already played for CSKA Moscow in the Champions League this season during the group stages and according to UEFA rules, one can't play for 2 clubs in a single Champions League campaign. Emmanuel Adebayor had that same problem too when he first arrived at Arsenal. He previously played for Monaco.

Hope that answers your query.

CPatt said...

ha yeah, I'm from chicago, and I play soccer, but I don't really follow European soccer as much as I'd like to. I was looking at one of my classmates blogs and hit "next blog" and yours popped up. Hope that answers your query. Where are you from?

Natalia said...

Oh. Cool. I am from Malaysia.