Thursday, March 05, 2009

Violin Practice At DSI

Yesterday, I had a fairly ok day. It is only fairly ok despite having pizza for lunch (more like tea time actually) because it was pretty tiring at the end of it.

The day started with boring, boring Ethnic Relations class. Our lecturer hasn't mark our test papers yet but she has viewed my group's assignment and she was happy with it. I just have to give her coloured pictures instead of just black and white ones to make our work more interesting. But other than that, it is A-ok! So yay! One assignment is officially done and dusted!

After class, 'darling', Ma Lee, Siew Fen and I headed to DSI for their violin practice. I only tagged along because I had to go to JJ with 'darling' and some seniors after the practice. Had to get our Developmental Pscyhology textbooks. At DSI, we met Keyin and Hui Wen (2 Human Resource students whom we are friends with).

Anyway, after a while, I went over to the admin building to see TJ and it was good to see him after such a long time. And although I still haven't get my paycheck, I got more than what I went there for. Coincidently, my college principal wanted to see TJ halfway through my meeting with him. And prior to that, I was asking TJ if he could pull a few strings for me to get me to stay in KTR. So when my principal came in, TJ put kind words for me to get me to stay here in KTR and guess what?! Now I am 'valuable' to this residential college and on top of that, I get the principal's quota to stay here! Yay for me! (But I will still have to go rush and get the quota forms today and that is why I am blogging so early in the morning! I woke up at 7.30a.m. when there is no class to get it and they tell me it will only be out at around 10a.m.! Damn!)

Whatever it is, I am happy to have secured a place here in KTR. And even secured myself a new roommate! Will be ditching my current one for Ting Ma Lee and I think the 2 of us would make better roommates for one another. (She is having problems with hers and I am in the same boat too. -Sigh- Both of us have sucky roommates. Sad eh?) Haven't break the news to my current roommate though. Don't even know how 'cause I know she wants to be my roommate for all 3 years here because I could help her and stuffs but I am no babysitter. And after last semester, I know better! Sorry, mate!

Ok. Now back to the violin practice at DSI. Being there, I realised how good and talented my few friends are in playing musical instruments.

Keyin is pretty much a natural, I guess. She was playing with a whole bunch of different musical instruments there and it was kinda awesome.

Keyin and Hui Wen playing to The Lion Sleeps Tonight. Really funny act

Keyin the saxophone maestro

Now she is trying the violin

So there's one talented one.

Hui Wen wasn't so bad herself.

And now, my 3 Psycho buddies. Siew Fen is a 5th Grade piano student and I think that is brilliant. Ma Lee is even more awesome. She is an 8th Grade piano fellow and she also plays flute and some other stuffs. And 'darling'..she plays the keyboard and she too is awesome. And now this trio are trying out in violin and it's brilliant. All I know is how to play 4 simple songs with the piano. Lol. I am just so much of a sports person after all.

'Darling' playing Angela Aki's Tegami until I fell asleep. Don't get me wrong. It was good but I was tired

Ma Lee playing Can Can with a violin (I can play this with the piano!)

Now after all these practices, we waited and waited for the seniors to take us out and we waited till almost 3p.m.! By that time, I would have slept in the practice room and the library. Poor me. And I think my friends are kinda scared in waking me up. Probably because I wake up lagging and grumpy at times. Sorry, buddies! But anyway, at the end of the day, we had our books, pizza and it was all good. (Oh yeah. We had our stupid English class also and will be having it again today! ARGH!!)

Now that's a wrap! I wanna go get breakfast and head to get my quota!

Have a nice day, people!

No comments: