Friday, March 27, 2009

I Don't Know..

..if I should be mad or happy.

My residential college had a meeting yesterday. It involved all of last semester's SUKAM athletes. I was exempted from it however. Lets just say I know people to be exempted from certain stuffs.

Anyway, to my surprise and my friends who attended it, I was made the manager for next semester's ladies' futsal for SUKAM. I tried pulling myself out from that position but the principal of this college already knows about it and he wants me to take the position. So ok, since he gave me an easy quota. I do owe him one.

But being a manager ain't easy. I have seen how my last semester's manager turned from the likeable one to the hated one overnight. Lets just say the players are usually a bunch of unhappy and 2 faced people (some are real snobby b****es, really).

Moreover, they usually vent among themselves after training sessions and matches and it is normally about cursing the manager and stuffs. And I actually thought the ex-manager was nice. But you know people. Anyway, they have managed to drive her up the wall and she totally quit the team. I heard she won't even be staying in KTR anymore for the coming semesters. But she is still gonna help me with stuffs. So thanks to her. But then again, she is moving to KDSE and that is the futsal team I wanna avenge!! And I am so gonna miss playing with her by the way. How I wish she would play in an upcoming tournament (will blog about this later) with me! She says she can't as so many players in the team despise her. But she is still gonna come up and watch. Told you she is nice but some others are just jack asses.

Plus, I have to manage 2 teams and I have to select players for both teams and people get unhappy with the way a manager divides the players. Saying one team gets the better players, the manager is bias and so on. -Sigh-

And last semester, the players are bloody lazy when it comes to training. The manager and I had to usually wait up to half an hour for them to turn up. That sucks, ain't it? And during the tournament, they weren't even serious and as a result, we did poorly. Except for me maybe? Lol. I did score all of my team's goals anyway. Lol.

On the other hand, I guess in the midst of everything, I do feel a little honoured and proud actually. I did not feel this way last night as I was too mad about this issue. But today, I kinda do. You see, in this university, when it comes to everything, the Malays get them first. From quotas to whatever. And in my futsal team, I am 1 of the only 2 juniors and I am also the ONLY Chinese player. According to many, I am like the first Chinese futsal player for KTR. Lol! So of all people, they actually want me in charge. I don't know if they are just mocking me, but to me, I actually kinda deserve it anyway. I am the best among them. And I am not even boasting. I have my stats to speak for me. And my dad will tell you that also.

And I think I do know how to manage them. And it starts with the attitude. I was thinking that since they made me manager, I know just how to train (torture) them. One thing I like most so far is the thought of being able to punish them for being late! For every minute one is late, 1 sit up? Or 1 push up? Or my favourite, run a lap around the court? Lol! I will certainly look forward to that.

And oh yeah, lastly, I would like to thank those who actually supported me with this especially Soo Chen for willing to join the team and hopefullyhelp me out. And my ex-manager, Noorain. All the best for her in new surroundings next semester. Thanks a lot.

No comments: