Sunday, March 08, 2009

My 100th Post And Kolej Tun Razak Awards Night

My 100th post!!


I started blogging last October and I hit the big 100 with this post. Yay for me! Lol.

Ok. Now to the second issue.

Last night, my residential college's awards night was held at DSI and with the fees of only RM7, I knew that there was nothing much to expect, especially in the food department. Lol.


So we arrived rather early. We were there by 8p.m. and found out that we will only be served at around 10p.m.. Knowing that our friends' performances will only start after 9p.m., 'darling', PJ and I decided to head out for dinner first as we were growing more and more hungry as time passed. We ate at SUB and the food wasn't anything great. PJ's was the worst. She only managed 3-4 spoons before she felt like puking. And there were also 2 crazy kids (very dirty looking too) who came by and started to poke and hit 'darling'. Weird. And it drove 'darling' mad. Lol.

By the time we returned to DSI, the night had already begun (the singing of Negaraku and UTM school's song..typical). After 4 speeches by the organiser, my college's principal, Professor Madya Haji Mohamad Sharif, TJ and an 'adun', we were allowed to eat (rice with chicken and some sort of curry..don't know how they taste like as I did not really eat) and were greeted by the very first performance of the night. 6 little kids did 'zapin' and I find it pretty interesting. They were really cute too. This was followed by my friends' (Ting Ma Lee and Tay Keyin) instrumental performance. They played My Heart Will Go On.

Then a few awards were presented and they did 2 lucky draws. -Boring- With the exception of our very own coursemate winning the award I wanted to contest in. Yip Foon Yee or 'DIFFERENT block' bagged the Most Hopeful Female Athlete of KTR award.

After that, there was a nasyid performance (as usual) and this was the point, where a few of us began to feel sleepy. Later, the swearing in of the new Jawatankuasa Mahasiswa took place and out of about 40 of them, there were only 2 non-Muslims. Nicholas, my own coursemate and Tay Keyin. Then, the guests of honour left and the informal part of the night began. The MCs for this part of the night SUCKED big time by the way. Couldn't even speak proper English, they were REALLY LAME and one of them doesn't even know her numbers well.

The very first performance of the informal part is a cool drum performance. It drove PJ really excited to see this one. Lol. Then it was time for Ma Lee to perform again. This time in a band called Gula-gula Kapas Putih. They played the late Tan Sri P. Ramlee's Bunyi Guitar. Subsequently, the night turned from ok to horrible and terrible. I'll just give you guys the chronology of the events that followed.

1. More lucky draws
2. Awards presentation
3. Lucky draws AGAIN
4. Presentation of awards once more. Tay Keyin's block, K09 won the Best Block Award and suprisingly, my own block was nominated.
5. More bl**dy lucky draws

Then about 6 of my coursemates did Storm. A performance in which they hit their buckets with bamboo sticks. It was kinda unique and nice but it was also rather too short. Before one can really enjoy it, it was over.

Now back to the chronology of events.

6. Awards AGAIN!!!
7. More and more lucky draws (Most of us getting more and more annoyed by now.)
8. More awards were presented. Already the 5th time.

Then they announced the prince and princess of the night. I don't know who the prince is but the princess in my own coursemate, Iz. She wore a 'cheongsam'. (Badly wanted to stand in the crowd, I guess.) This was then followed by the closing act. Gula-gula Kapas Putih once again came on stage and performed a rather ok rendition of Bunkface's Situasi. By the time they were done, it was already 12.15a.m. and we were even asked to sing our residential college's song after that and then the moment we awaited for..


THE END OF THE NIGHT!!! YAY!!


Overall, the night was ok in the sense that my friends and I got together and we were one hell of some crazy people. It was fun and pretty 'sia sueh' at times. Lol. And the night was also not ok in the sense that it was badly planned and organised. -Sigh- Better next time!

No comments: